Approximate time to complete: 90 minutes
Successful completion of this course is one of the requirements toward earning the following badge(s):
• Risk Management
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- describe the “general standard” of the Occupational Safety and Health Act
- explain the requirements of the Drug-Free Workplace Act
- explain what is required by OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard
- write the formula for calculating incidence rates
- describe the workers’ rights guaranteed by OSHA
- explain what OSHA requires an employer to do if an accident results in the death or the in-patient hospitalization of any employee
- describe which types of injuries and illnesses must be recorded
- explain the requirements of OSHA Form 300, Form 300A, and Form 301
- define imminent danger
- list the five levels of violations to OSHA’s standards and the potential penalties for each
- list the four points in the OSHA-recommended safety program
- describe the five cooperative programs OSHA has established
- describe the coverage and benefits typically provided by workers’ compensation
This self-paced course consists of reading and/or listening to content and answering assessment questions. Successful completion of this course requires passing all assessments at 100 percent. The assessments can be taken multiple times. Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate of completion will be issued.
This course will automatically be added to your user account within 5-10 minutes of placing your order. Access to Micro HR courses is granted for 24 months from the date of purchase. Internet access is required to view this course.
This course has been pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for recertification and may qualify as professional development credits for other professional certifications, when completed in conjunction with the following course(s):
· Risk Management
Recertification Credits/PDC’s: 1.5 (once both courses are completed)
These recertification credits are provided by HRrecert.
The Micro HR courses are copyrighted material and may not, in whole or in part, be printed, copied, shared, or reproduced by any means for any reason without prior written consent. Access to the Micro HR courses is for your individual use; your account is not to be shared with others. Any violation of these terms and conditions will result in immediate termination of your access to these materials, with no refund provided.
- CPU: 2GHz processor or faster
- 4GB RAM or greater
- Windows: 8.1, 10
- MacOS: Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur
- Mobile: iOS, Android
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Internet speed: 4Mbps up 2Mbps down or better