Frequently Asked Questions
What is Micro HR?
Micro HR is powered by HRCP, a leading provider of human resource study materials. We have been educating HR professionals for more than 25 years. Our objective is to help develop competent HR leaders and to elevate the HR profession by providing affordable, up-to-date, and comprehensive HR content. Micro HR is HRCP’s micro-credentialing and badging program.
What are micro-credentials?
Micro-credentials are bite-size online courses that allow you to gain and demonstrate proficiency in specific knowledge and skills.
What are digital badges?
Digital badges are online credentials that confirm your mastery of information across a specific, focused area of expertise. They can be verified in real-time online.
Why should I earn micro-credentials and digital badges?
The traditional path to credentials through full certification takes a lot of time and money. Micro HR’s micro-credentials and digital badges are designed for today’s workplace, so they are bite-sized, focused, and aligned with current trends to address your specific needs and circumstances. Representing your skills as a digital badge means you can share them online in a way that is simple, trusted, and easily verifiable in real time. Badges provide employers and peers evidence of your time spent building your knowledge and skills. You can share your badges on social media platforms, embed them in your email signature, share the links, or download them.
Who can digital badges help?
Anyone can earn Micro HR digital badges. They were created to assist everyone who works with people, from executives and HR personnel to students or anyone else seeking to strengthen their resume.
How do I earn a digital badge?
Each Micro HR digital badge requires the completion of several short courses. Upon completion of all required courses and payment of the badge issuance fee (if applicable), the digital badge will be issued through the Credly platform, and you will be sent an email with instructions for claiming and displaying the badge.
What is the format of Micro HR courses?
The course materials and assessments are all provided online in a web-based format. You can complete your credits in the comfort of your home or office—or wherever you happen to be—without carrying books or traveling to a classroom setting. The courses consist of reading content and answering short assessments.
How long will I have access to each Micro HR course?
Access to each course is granted for one year from the date of purchase.
How long will each Micro HR digital badge take?
The length of time to complete each badge varies depending on the number and length of courses required. We have provided a rough estimate for each badge on the product description pages. Most courses are designed to take about an hour or so to complete.
How do I claim my digital badge?
Once you’ve received the email from Credly notifying you that your badge has been issued, click on the Accept Your Badge button in the email. You’ll then need to log into your Credly account or create one. Once logged in, you’ll click on the Accept Badge button at the top of the screen.
How do I receive the recertification credits associated with the Micro HR courses?
As you complete Micro HR courses, you can retrieve your Activity Codes and Certificates of Completion via the HRrecert website (hrrecert.com) using the same log in credentials as you use for the Micro HR and HRCP websites. Each Activity Code must be submitted to the HRCI.org or SHRM.org website for credits/PDCs. There will be several courses and Activity Codes within each Micro HR badge.
How long are my Micro HR digital badges valid?
Each micro-credential and digital badge is valid for three years from the date of completion and can be renewed by retaking the required micro course(s). Credly will post the expiration date of your digital badge on the Credly website.
How often is the course content updated?
Micro HR courses are updated each year to reflect changes in the field of human resource management. Particular attention is given to changes in the legal environment.
If I exit a course before I am finished, will I have to start over?
You may exit a course at any time by clicking the X in the upper right-hand corner of the window. To continue the course later, click "Resume" next to the course name. All assessment questions must be answered correctly before you receive credit for finishing the course. Your answers to the assessments are saved as you go. You have one year from the date of purchase to complete each course.
Do I have to buy the whole Micro HR digital badge if I have already paid for and completed some of the courses required for the badge either individually or through HRrecert?
You do not need to repurchase any course you have already purchased. The badge progress page will indicate which courses have been purchased and completed, and which are still available for purchase. You can purchase the individual courses separately, or purchase an entire badge at once, depending on which is more economical for you. Purchasing an entire badge will provide a savings of about 10% over purchasing the same courses individually.
What is the Badge Issuance Fee?
A badge issuance fee is charged ONLY for the first badge that you earn. The fee allows HRCP to establish and register your profile with Credly which permits your friends, social media followers, and current/future employers to verify your credentials digitally.
What is the return policy?
A refund can be granted within 30 days of the date of purchase as long as the course has not been accessed. Once a course has been accessed, refunds will not be granted.
What is Credly?
Credly is a digital badge platform that works with credible organizations to provide digital credentials to individuals worldwide.
- What is HRCP’s relationship with Credly? HRCP utilizes Credly to deliver and verify HRCP’s digital badging program. You will claim and share your digital badge on the Credly website. Others can then verify your badge online through Credly.
- What are labor market insights and how can I access them through Credly? Labor market insights are pulled from live job requisitions. Based on your skills, you can learn which employers are hiring, what job titles you might be qualified for, salary ranges, and more. Search active job listings and even apply for them with just a few clicks through Credly. Access the labor market insights from your badge details page by clicking on Related Jobs, or by clicking on the skill tags assigned to your badge.
- Where and how can I share my digital badge through Credly? You can share your badge directly from the Credly platform to LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook; over email; embedded in a website; or in your email signature. https://support.credly.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020964272-How-do-I-share-my-badge-.
- Can I export badges issued through Credly to other badge-storing platforms? Yes, you can download your badge from the Share Badge page. Your downloaded badge contains Open Badge Infrastructure (OBI) compliant metadata embedded into the image. This allows you to store your badge on other OBI-compliant badge sites, such as the Mozilla backpack.
- How will I know if I’ve earned a digital badge? You will receive an email notification from Credly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with instructions for claiming your badge and setting up your account.
- What if I don’t want my digital badge to be public? You can easily configure your privacy settings in Credly. You’re in complete control of the information about yourself that is made public.
- What’s to keep someone else from copying my badge and using it? While badges are simply digital image files, they are uniquely linked to data hosted on the Credly platform. This link to verified data makes them more reliable and secure than a paper-based certificate. It also eliminates the possibility of anyone claiming your credential and your associated identity.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
If you have questions about earning Micro HR digital badges, please contact HRCP at email@example.com.
If you have questions about claiming and sharing your digital badge or about the Credly platform, please contact Credly at https://support.credly.com/hc/en-us.
If you have a question that is not answered here, you are welcome to contact us .