Approximate time to complete: 20 minutes
Successful completion of this course is one of the requirements toward earning the following badge(s):
• Organizational Theory & Design
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- compare and contrast functional and product departmentalization
- describe the advantages and disadvantages of decentralization
- list and explain five methods of achieving coordination in an organization
- explain division of labor and span of control
- describe the matrix structure and explain the advantages and disadvantages of this structure
- explain the difference between line activities and staff activities
- describe situations where a mechanistic organizational structure or an organic structure would be more appropriate
This self-paced course consists of reading and/or listening to content and answering assessment questions. Successful completion of this course requires passing all assessments at 100 percent. The assessments can be taken multiple times. Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate of completion will be issued.
This course will automatically be added to your user account within 5-10 minutes of placing your order. Access to Micro HR courses is granted for 12 months from the date of purchase. Internet access is required to view this course.
This course has been pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for recertification and may qualify as professional development credits for other professional certifications, when completed in conjunction with the following course(s):
· Organizational Culture
· Diversity and Inclusion
Recertification Credits/PDC’s: 1.0 (once all three courses are completed)
These recertification credits are provided by HRrecert.
The Micro HR courses are copyrighted material and may not, in whole or in part, be printed, copied, shared, or reproduced by any means for any reason without prior written consent. Access to the Micro HR courses is for your individual use; your account is not to be shared with others. Any violation of these terms and conditions will result in immediate termination of your access to these materials, with no refund provided.
- CPU: 2GHz processor or faster
- 4GB RAM or greater
- Windows: 8.1, 10
- MacOS: Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur
- Mobile: iOS, Android
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Internet speed: 4Mbps up 2Mbps down or better