Approximate time to complete: 2.5 hours
Successful completion of this course is one of the requirements toward earning the following badge(s):
• Risk Management
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- explain the rights granted by Section 1981
- list the classes protected under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- describe the changes implemented by the Civil Rights Act of 1991
- define and give examples of BFOQ
- define and explain disparate treatment and disparate impact
- describe the EEOC’s role in enforcing Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- explain EEO reporting requirements
- define and describe adverse impact
- describe the provisions of Order Number 4
- describe the role of the OFCCP
- explain the requirements of an affirmative action program
- define and explain reverse discrimination
- explain the coverage provided by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- describe ADEA’s requirements for early retirement programs
- explain the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and describe what is meant by person with a disability
- describe the coverage provided by the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- describe the coverage provided by USERRA
- describe what information must be verified on an I-9 Form
- explain the process for securing an H-1B visa
This self-paced course consists of reading and/or listening to content and answering assessment questions. Successful completion of this course requires passing all assessments at 100 percent. The assessments can be taken multiple times. Upon successful completion of this course, a certificate of completion will be issued.
This course will automatically be added to your user account within 5-10 minutes of placing your order. Access to Micro HR courses is granted for 12 months from the date of purchase. Internet access is required to view this course.
This course has been pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for recertification and may qualify as professional development credits for other professional certifications.
Recertification Credits/PDC’s: 2.5
These recertification credits are provided by HRrecert.
The Micro HR courses are copyrighted material and may not, in whole or in part, be printed, copied, shared, or reproduced by any means for any reason without prior written consent. Access to the Micro HR courses is for your individual use; your account is not to be shared with others. Any violation of these terms and conditions will result in immediate termination of your access to these materials, with no refund provided.
- CPU: 2GHz processor or faster
- 4GB RAM or greater
- Windows: 8.1, 10
- MacOS: Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur
- Mobile: iOS, Android
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Internet speed: 4Mbps up 2Mbps down or better